RAGGING IS BANNED
Ragging is strictly prohibited in this institution as per Government order. Names of those indulging in ragging will be instantly removed from the roll and further action will be taken as per Government order.
Ragging means any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating, handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Punishments at the Institution Level
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national events, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period. Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
Steps Taken to Curb Ragging
- Ragging Complaint box is kept in the prominent place in the college.
- In the orientation programme conducted for the first years in the beginning of the academic year, the students were instructed about the steps taken by the institution to curb ragging.
- In the class committee meetings held twice in a semester the first year students were provided with an opportunity to voice out their opinion about ‘ragging menace’ in the campus.
- During ward meetings, conducted periodically, the Tutors enquire the students about ragging
- HOD’s of all the departments were instructed to keep a strict vigil to curb ragging.
- Hostel wardens were asked to carry on periodic supervision to check ragging at the hostel premises.
- Boards are displayed in the prominent places in the college premises and hostels, warning the student against ragging.
- The whole campus is under CCTV surveillance and the movements of the students monitored.
Till date no incident of ragging has been reported.
College Level Anti Ragging Committee
|Dr. A. W. Kharche||Head of Institute||7267226700|
|Adv. Harish Rawal||Representative Civil Administration||9422181810|
|Mr. N. P. Tandale||Police Sub-Inspector||–|
|Mr. Haribhau Gosawy||Representative of Local Media||–|
|Dr. GauravKolte||Representative Non Govt. Organization of youth activities||–|
|Prof. B. M. Tayde||Representative from faculty Member||9763338730|
|Prof. Y.P. Sushir||Representative from faculty Member||7020295513|
|8.||Prof. M. U. Karande||Representative from faculty Member||8380075988|
|9.||Prof. S.L. Farpat||Representative from faculty Member||9096117952|
|10.||Mr. Sudhakar Vadode||Parent Representative||9822392148|
|11.||All CR||Student Representative||–|
|12.||Mr. AnantBarhate||Representative from Non-Teaching||8208727110|
|13.||Mrs. RekhaBhalshankar||Representative from Non-Teaching||7385077332|
Anti Ragging Squad
|2||Prof. N. A. Kharche||Secretory||7020615506|
|3||Prof. M. Javed||Counselor||9881353357|
|6||Prof. Yogesh Sushir||Member||7020295513|