Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
The Mission of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is to enable higher educational institutions to work with the people of rural India in identifying development challenges and evolving appropriate solutions for accelerating sustainable growth. It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between society and an inclusive academic system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and upgrading the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors in responding to the development needs of rural India.
- To build an understanding of the development agenda within institutes of Higher Education and an institutional capacity and training relevant to national needs, especially those of rural India.
- To re-emphasize the need for field work, stake-holder interactions and design for societal objectives as the basis of higher education.
- To stress on rigorous reporting and useful outputs as central to developing new professions.
- To provide rural India and regional agencies with access to the professional resources of the institutes of higher education, especially those that have acquired academic excellence in the field of science, engineering and technology, and management.
- To improve development outcomes as a consequence of this research. To develop new professions and new processes to sustain and absorb the outcomes of research.
- To foster a new dialogue within the larger community on science, society and the environment and to develop a sense of dignity and collective destiny.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF SCHEME
- Encourage Indian higher education Institutions to engage with problems of rural India and to provide solutions for them.
- Develop an academic framework for working on societal problems, their solution, delivery, reporting and assessment.
- Promote an inter-disciplinary approach in higher education guided by live context.
- Develop over time, research areas which have developmental significance, such as drinking water, education, health, agricultural practices, electrification, agricultural and rural industries cooking energy, watershed analysis.
- Develop collaborations of academic institutions with key government flagship programs and develop formal courseware for supporting knowledge needs for the same.
- Promote networking and coordination among various science and technology based voluntary organizations and developmental agencies.
- Foster collaborations between governance, knowledge institutions and local communities.
- Provide rural India with professional resource support from institutes of higher education, specially those that have acquired academic excellence in the field of science engineering and technology, and management.
- To identify the basic developmental and productive needs of a village and find ways and means to meet these needs.
- Strengthen the technical design of interventions in key sectoral areas of natural resource management such as water and soil, economic activities such as agriculture and related production, or related to crafts and artisans, infrastructure such as housing, roads, energy
Activities of UNNAT BHARAT ABHIYAN Cell at VBKCOE:
- VBKCOE Malkapur is participating in Unnat Bharat Abhiyan with all its students, staff, and faculty members.
- Prof. S. D. Lawange was selected as UBA Cell co-ordinator at Institute level on 5th Aug. 2018
- In consultation with the District Collector Buldhana a cluster of five villages in the Development Block Malkapur, namely, Zodga, Narvel, Shelgaon Bazar, Kund (Kurd)and Dharangaon have been adopted.
- Initial discussions with the inhabitants of these villages were carried out to understand various problems and issues and to come up with feasible solutions for the same.
- Institute received the fund of 50000 Rs for assistance for awareness of Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDI)
- Survey was conducted by Students and Faculties of the institute in all the adapted villege covering almost all households. The data has been uploaded on reporting portal of UBA
- Prof. Manish Aachliya has been appointed as UBA Cell co-ordinator on 17 Jan 2022.
- Project proposal has been submitted by Prof. Manish Aachliya and has been shortlisted for propasal evaluation process (under Technology Development) and is likely to be funded under UBA-SEG