BEST PRACTICES FOLLOWED BY THE LIBRARY
Listed below are some of the best practices that can enhance the academic information environment and usability.
- Attendance of students and teachers in Library and E-Library Section and Reading Hall is recorded every day and entry and exit register with sign is mentioned. This helps in taking some policy decision about services.
- Newspaper Clippings are displayed on regular basis.
- VBKCOE Library Blogs: Inclusion of sufficient information about the library in the college prospectus.
- Library circulation statistics is generated on real-time basis regularly.
- Compilation of student/teacher attendance statistics
- Displaying newspaper clippings on the notice board periodically.
- Career/Employment Information/ Services.
- Internet Facilities to different user groups.
- Intranet facility is available on campus. Twelve computers are made available for database access and internet surfing for academic purpose.
- Library is under CCTV surveillance
- Feedback book provision for students and staff.
- Open Access System to all
- Book Bank Scheme is regular feature of the library (Institutional Book Bank and Social Welfare Book Bank Scheme).
- New arrivals of learning materials are conveyed through notice.