Library at a Glance
- Carpet area of Library (in sq. m.): 400.45 sq.m.
- Number of seats in reading space: 150 Students Capacity.
- Timings: –During weekdays: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm — Weekend and vacation: Sunday & Holidays (closed) — In exam time library will remain open in between 8.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Number of Library staff: 4
- Number of Library staff with degree in library Management: 1
1) Librarian: B. Tech, M. Lib. Sc.
2) Asst. Librarian: HSC
- Issue / return Records Bar coding used: Yes
- Library services on membership: DELNET, NDL
- Online E-Resources: DELNET, NPTEL, NDL, NPTEL/SWAYAM
- Total No. of Books: 17278
- Total Number of Educational CD’s: 383
- Total Amount Book Cost: 5548262
- Total Amount E-resources Cost: 13570 DELNET
- Total Amount Journal Cost: 76000
- Total Number of Books (Volumes): 17278
- Total Number of Title: 2765
- Total Donated Books: 1574
- Number of Journals & Magazines: 50 + 44 (Print + Online)
- Indian Journals: 47
- International Journals: 3
- News Paper: 12
LIBRARY USES REPORTS:
- Average number of walk-ins: 100 Per/Day
- Average number of books issued/returned: 50 Per/Day
- Ratio of library books to students enrolled: 17278/1350 = 12.79
- Average number of logins to e-resources: 30 per working day
TECHNOLOGY IN LIBRARY:
- Internet Access in the Library – The Library 12 PCs related to Internet. Everyone is free to access.
- Internet network – 100 Mbps allotted to Library
- Barcode technology in the library along with Borrowers cards to faculty and students is implemented.
- Special Reading facilities for Faculty Members & Guest Lecturers.
- Library commits to understand the teaching and learning needs of its users.